Health and Welfare
All clients will be deemed to have accepted the terms and conditions of Purrfect And Pooch Ltd (as laid out here) upon confirmation of all grooming appointments.
As professional groomers, we take the Animal Welfare Act (2006) very seriously, which states that ‘all animals are to be protected from pain, injury, suffering and disease’. Subsequently, our priority above all else is the safety and well-being of your pet. No animal will ever be subjected to stress or discomfort whilst in our care.
The team will cherish your animal as you would, and whilst we make every effort to ensure your pet is well looked after in your absence, Purrfect And Pooch Ltd cannot be held liable for any loss, injury or death to an animal, either inside or outside of the salon, whilst with us.
We are not medical professionals, and our health checks and recommendations do not replace your responsibility as the owner to take your pet to a qualified veterinary surgeon for regular consultations, advice, and subsequent treatment.
• Please ensure your pet comes to us fully vaccinated, wormed, and free from contagious diseases to protect both your animal and others in the salon.
• Should your pet have fleas, please inform us beforehand so we may prevent cross-contamination. You will be advised to treat your pet and your home environment to eradicate the problem.
• We advise you not to bring your pet for grooming until at least two weeks after any surgical procedure. We reserve the right to reject an appointment should this be brought to our attention.
• To avoid any potential risk to mother or baby, we do not recommend grooming on pregnant animals. Should your pet be in season, please let us know prior to confirming any appointments.
• If your pet has any pre-existing health conditions, including but not limited to old age or infirmity, it is your duty to inform us so we may make additional provisions of care or advise against certain procedures.
• Should your pet be presented with excessive matting, we are legally obligated to ensure the animal does not suffer unnecessarily and will clip rather than de-mat the damaged coat to avoid more serious repercussions. ‘Humanity before vanity’ is always our motto.
• Whilst we have a great deal of experience and success in the grooming of animals with aggression or behavioural problems, we reserve the right to limit the process should your pet become difficult to the point of being a danger to our team or itself. Please provide us with as much information on the animal prior to each session, which will enable us to employ alternative strategies to assist in alleviating such a situation.
• Extremely rare accidents or medical issues may arise during grooming; this risk is increased if your pet is elderly, or, has pre-existing or breed-specific medical conditions. Whilst we are trained in Animal First Aid, we will take confirmation of any appointment as authorisation to seek veterinary assistance in the unlikely event of an emergency. Clients will be informed before veterinary consultation wherever possible, and are responsible for any and all bills incurred whilst in the care of Purrfect And Pooch Ltd.
Feedback from Grooming Session
• We will always honestly inform you of any problems we have encountered, whether they be through the grooming procedure or pre-existing conditions. Should a health issue be noted, we will advise you of any further recommended action.
• Please note that excessive matting requiring clipping may lead to bald patches, nicks, skin irritation and other problems. These will always be highlighted to you and remedial care provided, where appropriate.
• Nail trims may result in bleeding, should the quick have extended through a lack of regular clipping. We will let you know should we cause any cuts, and apply a coagulating agent to promote clotting.
• We often take pictures of your pet to show examples of before and after work to use for training and educational information on social media. Please advise us if you do not wish your animal to be including in such material.
• Should there be any problems with the quality of your pet’s grooming experience, we request you inform us of any concerns at the time of your session so we may rectify the matter. The majority of our business is repeat custom, and we wish to maintain our high standards and reputation.
• Please ensure you arrive promptly for your grooming appointment, as we time our slots to ensure your pet is not in an unfamiliar environment for longer than necessary.
• All prices quoted assume the animal is in good condition and amenable to the grooming procedure. Should extra time or provisions be required, we will advise you of these prior to your pet’s groom.
• Whilst we appreciate that circumstances change and you may need to cancel, we are unable to fill slots that are reserved for you unless we have over 24 hours’ notice. Should you be unable to honour your appointment, please give us advance warning to ensure you are not rejected for future bookings.
If you have any queries regarding these Terms and Conditions, then we are more than happy to discuss them with you when you call to arrange an appointment.